So today marks my first day of blogging. I thought I would start it off by sharing my aunt's visit here in San Antonio. Her name is Rebecca and she actually is the main reason I've created this blog. Last night she showed me her's (http://www.spendylove.blogspot.com/) It's AWESOME you have to check it out! Anyways, last night we went down to the River Walk (downtown SA) together with
my dad and little brother. We ate at a really nice place called County Line. The food was really good but the restroom was... strange... I went in and it's the tiniest restroom I've seen in my life. They could only fit two 5x4 stalls in there. The first stall had a HUGE gap between the door and the frame (or whatever you call it) so like while you in there people could like peek at you, so that was pretty disturbing. Then in the background they had this CD playing where it was supposed to be like there was a cowboy looking from some camera at us while we were in there (there wasn't one, of course... I hope). He saying stuff like "Ha ha ha, well excuse me, Miss," and "Why hello there, Little Lady," and stuff like that. I was like freakin' out in there! The whole thing was just weird. I even noticed as I was was going out that on the door there was a metal thin that you can push on said MEN... as in that door used to be in a men's room but they moved it over. (I do know for a fact that I was in the right place because there was a bunch of other older ladies in there too. You know of course unless we all were just mixed up and lost... hahaha)...Well there's your problem!
So before we got seated she and I went up on the bridge and took a couple pictures (when I get them I will post them). We were just about to take the picture when I guy came up to us and asked if we could give him 25 or 50 cents. Aunt Rebecca and I were like "Uhhhhh... we don't carry change... Sorry...?" So then we took the picture and looked out over the river. We started to go when ANOTHER guy asked us the same thing and we answered the same way. We were both like "What is up with Downtown San Antonio and beggars?!" Did you know that begging is now illegal in SA? It's true!
I'm kinnda talking backwards here. But, the day BEFORE that we went to my lake house at Lake Medina (on the right) with the family. We where tubing together in this 3-man tube (I was on the left she was on the right) and Dad was driving. Well, suddenly Dad somehow make this HUGE wave and turns into it. Now if the boat practically bumps out of
the water going over this wave, you know you're in trouble so as soon as we hit this thing we (the tube, Aunt Rebecca, and I) bounce, literally, 10 (if not more) feet out of the water and we are getting pulled along in mid-air for like 30 seconds (which felt like forever)!!! So then we start to come down, and I mean we were lucky the thing didn't flip over on us in the air or that no one fell off while were were up there. We landed HARD. The tube then flipped us forward into the water!!!! Aw man that was AWESOME and one of my craziest adventures at the lake. My neck still hurts from the jolt but it's totally worth it! Well that's it for this post.
See ya!

That is creepy and cool. Creepy because you were in the boys bathroom and cool because you got to go to that restaurant! It's also cool that the boat went 10 feet up! I love you Emily!
ReplyDeleteSummer